THE 2020 CALGARY CRYSTAL CREEK HOMES CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CALGARY AND SURROUNDING AREAS ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN ALBERTA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- Contest period. The Contest begins on Thursday, December 12th, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. MST and ends on Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 at 11:59pm. MST (the “Contest Period”). Winner will be notified by Monday, January 23rd, 2020 at 11:59pm MST.
- Eligibility. Contest is open to all legal residents of Calgary and its surrounding area who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who possess a valid driver’s license.
- Draw. There will be a total of four (4) semi-finalists drawn from the contestant pool. Once these four (4) semi-finalists are selected, a new draw will be conducted of the final four (4) and the winner will be randomly selected.
The following individuals are not eligible to enter:
- (a) employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of: (i) Calgary Sports & Entertainment Corporation (Calgary Flames, Calgary Hitmen, Calgary Roughnecks, Calgary Stampeders, Stockton Heat), Crystal Creek Homes (collectively, the “Sponsor”), (ii) the applicable prize supplier(s) for the Contest, and (iii) any and all other companies associated with the Contest;
- (b) a member of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the foregoing individuals;
Additional eligibility criteria may be stated from time to time in connection with the Contest.
- How to enter. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Entry into the Contest is subject to these Contest Rules, including without limitation the conditions of entry set forth below.
To enter the Contest go to www.crystalcreekhomes.ca (the “Website”) during the applicable Contest Period and click on the Contest banners, buttons and/or links to access the online entry form for the Contest. During the Contest Period, complete the online entry form as instructed, including all required information. Incomplete entries will be deemed void. By successfully transmitting a completed entry during the Contest Period as directed, you will be entered in the Contest. The sole determinant of time for valid online entry in the Contest will be the Website server machine(s).
All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence regarding the contest will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize.
The winner will be randomly selected from online entries submitted via the contesting page on www.crystalcreekhomes.ca on January 16th, 2020.
In the event the Contest allows entries via a social media entry mechanism, including but not limited Facebook, Twitter, Google or a Google affiliate including Google +, YouTube or Instagram, entrants must log into the applicable third party social media service or site (each such service or site, a “Third Party Service”) during the Contest Period and follow instructions provided by the Sponsor on how to enter. To enter the Contest by means of a Third Party Service, you must have a valid account with the applicable Third Party Service and you may be required to have a public (i.e. non-private) account. By creating an account with a Third Party Service, you agree to comply with the Third Party Service’s terms and policies. Anyone found entering the Contest using multiple accounts on a single Third Party Service will be ineligible.
Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a Third Party Service, including third party websites such as Rogers Sportsnet, all entrants acknowledge that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor and not to any Third Party Service. By participating in the Contest, you completely release any Third Party Service of all liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation.
- Ineligible Attempts at Entry. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Contest Rules shall be deemed to be tampering and will void all of your entries. Entries that contain false information and/or are late, lost, stolen, falsified, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or entries that have been submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or through illicit means, or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of these Contest Rules, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be judged null and void and disqualified. Only entries received by the Sponsor will be considered. Proof of entry transmission shall not constitute proof of receipt. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse any entry in its absolute discretion.
- Proof of Identity. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- Conditions of Entry. By entering the Contest, you:
- (a) agree to be bound by these Contest Rules, including without limitation the eligibility requirements set forth herein;
- (b) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and its representatives, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive (without appeal) on all matters relating to the Contest;
- (c) represent and warrant that your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. 1photograph, video, written submission, or other form of submission, etc., as applicable) (collectively, the “Entry Material”): (i) is original to you, and that you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including, without limitation, the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material, and (ii) does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion;
- (d) understand and agree that: (i) your entry (including any Entry Material) may not be returned to you upon submission to the Contest and may be refused entry to the Contest, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, and (ii) the Sponsor may, in its absolute discretion, moderate and/or remove and/or edit any Entry Material, including to blur out any trademarks or to remove any copyrighted content or otherwise unsuitable content (as determined by the Sponsor);
- (e) grant to the Sponsor a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and unlimited license to use your entry, including the Entry Material, in any media and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any substantially similar contest), including without limitation the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, alter, or create derivative works from, the entry and/or Entry Material, without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you; and
- (f) Waive all claims of moral rights in your entry and/or Entry Material and in any use thereof in accordance with these Contest Rules.
- Winner Selection. On January 16th, 2020 (the “Draw Date”) in [Calgary, Alberta] at approximately 12:00 pm. MST, eligible entrants (each a “Finalist” and together the “Finalists”) will be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Contest Prizes and Approximate Retail Value.
- Grand Prize. There will be one (1) grand prize which will consist of a trip for four (4) to Los Angeles including flights, transfers and accommodations. They will also be given four (4) tickets to two Calgary Flames games. Wednesday, February 12th, against LA Kings and Thursday, February 13th, against Anaheim Mighty Ducks. Also included are four (4) one (1) day Park Hopper Pass for Disneyland. The Grand Prize will not be awarded unless winner shows proof of living within Calgary or its surrounding areas.
- General Prize Conditions. Any prizes awarded pursuant to these Contest Rules are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- (a) no financial compensation will be made or required if actual prize value is lower than the approximate value of the prize as advertised or otherwise provided;
- (b) prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment, unless otherwise determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or the prize supplier(s);
- (c) prizes may not be exactly as advertised;
- (d) prizes are provided “as is” without further representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind, whether express or implied;
- (e) any unused portion of a prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited by the applicable winner and no financial compensation will be made or required in respect of such unused portion;
- (f) prizes will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen;
- (g) the Sponsor and/or the prize supplier(s) reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or a component of a prize with a prize or a component of a prize (as applicable) of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, a monetary award, if the prize or prize component cannot be awarded by the Sponsor and/or the prize supplier(s) for any reason; once awarded, prizes may not be resold or commercially traded in any manner, directly or indirectly, and the Sponsor reserves the right to ban or disqualify any entrant from the Contest, including future contests, should it reasonably believe such entrant to have acted or attempted to act in contravention of the foregoing restriction;
- (h) the winners shall be responsible for the payment of, where applicable, all taxes and registrations fees (including but not limited to federal and provincial and local income, sales, use and franchise taxes) on any prizes awarded and for any other costs or expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specifically described herein. In addition, unless otherwise stated, there is a limit of one (1) eligible winner per household per Contest.
- Prize Acceptance. A potential winner may be required to provide proof of identification to the Sponsors and/or prize supplier(s), as applicable, when claiming a prize or otherwise in connection with the Contest to facilitate the accurate identification of the Contest winner. Once confirmation of the Contest winner is complete in accordance with the terms of these Contest Rules, the Sponsor and/or any prize suppliers will promptly coordinate prize distribution. Except as otherwise determined in the absolute discretion of the Sponsor and/or the prize supplier(s), as applicable, upon notification, a winner must personally take delivery of his/her prize from the Sponsor and/or prize supplier office or location (as selected by the Sponsor in its reasonable discretion) within thirty (30) days of being notified that such prize is available or within such other time period as may reasonably be advised by the Sponsor. Travel to and from the location of the prize delivery shall be at the winner’s sole expense. If a winner fails to comply with the requirements set forth in these Contest Rules, he/she will be deemed to have forfeited his/her prize.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning the Contest depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Contest and on the application of any criteria used to describe how to enter the Contest. There will be a total of four (4) semi-finalists drawn. Once drawn, these four (4) will be re-drawn to determine the winner of the contest.
- Release of Liability, Indemnity. By entering the Contest, you:
- (a) agree to remise, release and forever discharge the Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, any and all other companies associated with the Contest (including prize suppliers and suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, accounts, claims, damages or liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including, without limitation, costs or losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, and rights of publicity, personality, privacy and/or intellectual property (each, a “Claim”) arising out of, or in any way related to, your participation in the Contest and/or the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof), or any travel or activity that is related to the receipt or use of any Contest prize; and
- (b) agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees from and against any and all Claims arising from: (i) your breach of these Contest Rules, including the breach of any representations or warranties contained herein, (ii) your participation in the Contest, (iii) your acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof), or (iv) the use of any Entry Material in accordance with the rights granted in these Contest Rules.
- Consent to Publicity. By being declared a Finalist, if applicable, you authorize the Sponsor and its licensees, successors, assigns, agents, representatives and employees the right, license and permission to record, photograph and/or otherwise capture or document you and/or your likeness, including without limitation your voice and any statements you may make regarding the Contest prize, by any available means, and to use any such recordings, photographs or documents, as well as your image and/or likeness appearing therein, and your biographical information, including your name, city and province/territory of residence, throughout the world and in perpetuity, in all manner and media, whether now known or hereafter devised, for advertising or promotional purposes relating to the Contest (or any substantially similar contest), without limitation and without compensation or additional consideration, notification, or permission of any kind, unless prohibited by law; and you waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in respect of any materials produced pursuant to the foregoing, including without limitation rights of inspection, approval, compensation, additional consideration or notification, and moral rights.
- Limitation of Liability. The Releasees are not responsible for:
- (a) stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions, email or mail;
- (b) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider, website, or other connections, including those through and/or by any website;
- (c) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties;
- (d) failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
- (e) non-delivered, misdirected, blocked, or delayed email notifications;
- (f) printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Contest Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or
- (g) any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of a prize or in any Contest-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any event; or
- (h) any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions of any kind, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or resulting from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or arising in connection with participation in the Contest (including any physical injury suffered by the entrant) or the acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or non-use of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof) that may be awarded, or for claims based on publicity rights, copyright or intellectual property infringement, defamation or intrusion of privacy.
The Releasees are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, including without limitation where caused by website users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Contest or downloading materials from or use of any website.
- Consent to Receive Electronic Messages Relating to the Contest. By entering the Contest and providing a submission, each Entrant hereby consents to receive commercial electronic messages, including via email and social media, from the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation relating to their involvement in the Contest. Such consent may be withdrawn at any time by contacting the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation at the coordinates set out below. Further information relating to this consents follows:
- Organization Seeking Consent: Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- Contact Information: Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
555 Saddledome Rise S.E., Calgary, Alberta T2G 2W1
- Cancel and Amend. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend any Contest or to amend these Contest Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, bug, corruption, security breach or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, then the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest and/or conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries.
- Conduct. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice, and/or ban from any contest, including future contests, any entrant that it finds to be: violating these Contest Rules; tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor property or service or any Third Party Service, including but not limited to all applicable Facebook, Twitter or Google + rules, regulations, guidelines, standards and policies; and/or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, CALGARYFLAMES.COM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, GOOGLE + OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA SITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Identity of an Online Entrant. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of any online entrant, the applicable entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the account provided at the time of entry. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the account associated with a particular entry. The individual assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning the applicable type of account is considered the authorized account holder. Whether or not an individual constitutes the authorized account holder in question will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion; and, if the name of the authorized account holder does not accord with the full name provided at the time of entry, the applicable entry may be disqualified in the Sponsor’s absolute discretion.
- Language Discrepancy. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Contest entry form and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited
- Law. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
The Sponsor or its designated representative will make two (2) attempts to contact each of the selected entrant(s) by telephone or email (using the information provided at the time of entry) within three (2) business days of the Draw Date. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within two (2) attempts or three (2) business days of the Draw Date (whichever occurs first), or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then that selected entrant will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and subject to time constraints, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion to modify the rules set forth in this Section 7 at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever.